Magnesium is a key mineral found in lots of good-for-you foods like whole grains, nuts, seeds, legumes, and various fruits and veggies. It’s super important for keeping your body in tip-top shape and involved in tons of chemical reactions.
READ ALSO: Boil potatoes Make Faster Hungry
But here’s the thing: lots of folks don’t hit the daily goal of 420 milligrams. No worries, though! You can easily up your magnesium game by munching on foods high in this mineral. Check out these 10 tasty options:
- Dark Chocolate
- This yummy treat is more than just a flavor explosion; it’s also a magnesium powerhouse. Just one ounce (about 15% of your daily value) can give your body a good magnesium boost. Dark chocolate is loaded with antioxidants that fight off harmful stuff in your cells.
- Avocados are not just Instagram-worthy; they’re also a great source of magnesium. One medium avocado serves up 14% of your daily magnesium needs. Bonus: they’re high in heart-healthy fats and pack a nutritional punch.
- Almonds, cashews, and Brazil nuts are not just crunchy snacks; they’re also loaded with magnesium. A one-ounce serving of cashews gives you a solid 20% of your daily value. Nuts are also great for heart health and can help keep your blood sugar in check.
- Beans, lentils, and peas are part of the legume squad, and they’re rich in magnesium. A cup of cooked black beans, for example, dishes out a whopping 29% of your daily value. Plus, legumes are packed with protein, potassium, and iron.
- Tofu, the superhero of vegetarian diets, is not just a protein powerhouse. A 3.5-ounce serving gives you 8% of your daily magnesium needs. Tofu might also have some cool protective effects on your arteries.
- Flax, pumpkin, and chia seeds are not just tiny; they’re also big on magnesium. A one-ounce serving of pumpkin seeds hits you with 40% of your daily value. Seeds are fiber-rich and come with a bonus of antioxidants.
- Whole Grains
- Wheat, oats, and quinoa are not just tasty; they’re also rich in magnesium. A cup of cooked buckwheat, for instance, gives you 20% of your daily value. Whole grains are known to reduce inflammation and lower heart disease risks.
- Fatty Fish
- Salmon, mackerel, and halibut are not just delicious; they’re also magnesium-rich. A 3.5-ounce serving of cooked salmon offers 7% of your daily magnesium needs. Fatty fish is a nutritional jackpot with omega-3 fatty acids and high-quality protein.
- Bananas are not just a classic snack; they’re also a decent source of magnesium. A large banana gives you 9% of your daily value. Plus, bananas come with potassium, vitamin C, and fiber.
- Leafy Greens
- Kale, spinach, and other leafy greens aren’t just trendy; they’re also magnesium champs. A cup of cooked spinach, for instance, provides a whopping 37% of your daily magnesium needs. Leafy greens are nutrient powerhouses, loaded with iron, vitamins, and protective plant compounds.
In a nutshell, magnesium is a big deal for your body, and you can get your fill by enjoying a mix of these delicious and nutritious foods. So, go ahead, make your meals magnesium-rich, and keep your body happy and healthy!